Are you ready for a vacation unlike any other? A vacation full of exciting adventures, breathtaking scenery, luxurious accommodations, and the most magnificent wildlife you’ve ever encountered- this can all be found at our favorite South Africa game lodges. One of our favorite lodges is Tswala Kalahari Lodge. Sitting on the largest privately owned reserve in South Africa, Tswala Kalahari Lodge is home to a diverse range of wildlife. Make sure you get the chance to meet the local meerkat colony, an exciting opportunity found only at Tswala. In addition to the amazing surrounds, we also love Relais and Chateau property- the food and wine experience is amazing. Our Africa Travel Specialist, Candice, has put together an exciting list of must do’s for you to add to your South Africa bucket list. It’s hard work, but somebody has to do it!
- Sleep in one morning and indulge in a champagne breakfast in bed
- Take an early morning game drive and don’t rush back for breakfast. Instead, request a delicious gourmet picnic- breakfast in the bush is a memory to savor
- Spend the morning tracking the Desert Black Rhino with arguably the best trackers in Africa
- Witness the sheer size and power of the Kalahari Black Maned Lio and enjoy the playful innocence of their cubs
- Enjoy an early evening safari tracking the elusive Aardvark and Pangolin- probably one of the best places in the world to view these rare animals
- Get up close to the animals on horseback and experience nature at it’s best
- Sleep out under the stars- just you and the expanse of the Kalahari…star gazing was never like this
- Be pampered in the spa, from a massage to a facial- because you deserve it
- Indulge in a 5-course menu prepared by executive chef, Justin Pillay. Paired with South Africa’s finest wines and served in the privacy of your own deck overlooking the bushveld- who could ask for more?
- Visit the community health centre, children’s school, and adult learning centre
- Sip a sundowner cocktail on the dunes and experience the real Africa
- See the immense benefit of the Tswalu Foundation in action. and talk to the researchers about their studies
- Immerse yourself in the wonders of ancient rock art. Recent archaeological research at Tswalu suggests that some of the Bushmen carvings may be up to 380,000 years old, which would make them some of the oldest artworks on Earth
Need a little inspiration for your South Africa game lodges vacation? Click here to check out our handcrafted itineraries featuring the best South Africa game lodges and activities. Give us a call today at 888-367-0933, and start planning the adventure of a lifetime!